Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 30, 2012

The change in my life

Next month it will be manner's two-year anniversary and thinking about that has made me pause and reflect on how things used to be and how they are now. Before I started posting blogs, I was in a particularly low place in my life. I didn't think I would ever come out of it, and most of the time I didn't even care. But, for whatever reason, two years ago something inside me demanded a change and I started working on living a more positive and present life. I knew I needed to be living my life differently and, in order to do that, I knew a lot of things about the life I was living would have to change.




It has not been easy at ALL. Since I started blogging. I've made a lot, and
I do mean a lot of changes in my life in an attempt to make every day more positive and to live more in the present. If someone had told me two years ago that I would be living the life I currently am, I never would have believed it.
So much has changed but, oddly enough, all of these changes have brought to a place where I am more of who I am. It has taken me awhile to get out of the place where I was so unhappy, but I've made a lot of strides in the right direction and every day I'm making process.


If, as Eminem's quote implies, ''you find yourself in a place where you're not living a positive life, where you're unhappy and wanting to get out of where you are and into another place,'' take a look at the To Do list I've created below for living a positive life. These are the things that I've done to get to me to where I am now. I'm still struggling, still seeking something, but when I reflect on how far I've come, I can't help it, but THANK GOD for all of the changes that have made my life so much better. If you add these items to your daily To Do list, I can guarantee that you'll find your way out of a negative place and into a positive one,
by the grace of God.
I believed if you use the following ideas you'll live a Positive Life;

1. Stop doing the things that make you unhappy.
2. Surround yourself with people who bring you up not down.
3. Invest some serious time in self-love and soul searching
4. Spend your time doing the things you love to do.
5. Revise the way you look at the world around you.
6. Be open-minded to ideas of living a positive life.
7. Stop beating yourself up about the past.
8. Don't seek happiness outside of yourself in things or people.
9. Believe you have the ability to change your own life.
10. Refuse to give up, no matter what happens or what people say.

As much as I'd advise you to do every one of the things on the above list, I know from experience how hard even one of these things can be. It takes a lot of hard to work to live a positive life, especially if you're struggling with negativity. But know this: even if you do one thing on this list, your life will improve. And you owe it to yourself to at least give it a trial. If you want to live a positive life, do it. There may be obstacles and it may be hard to get from that negative place to a positive one, but, believe me, all of the work will be worth every ounce of effort you put into it because nothing is better than loving the life you're living.

1 comment: